In 1835, Rev. Michael Fredrick, Pastor of Bridgeton Baptist Church, established a mission station at Cedarville. In 1836, the church became organized and constituted a Regular Baptist Church. Services were held in private homes, the school, and the shoe shop until the church was built. The church was dedicated in June 1838. Then in 1873 an extensive renovating program took place and the present sanctuary was added. Throughout these many years Cedarville Baptist Church has been preaching and teaching the Bible only.